Vios has worked hard to continue caring for our patients in the safest way possible during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Please review the following for an update on our operations. If you have any questions, please reach out directly to your care team.
Vios remains open to continue care for our patients. We have resumed diagnostic and treatment cycles. Your care team will review the most recent ASRM recommendations with you and discuss your specific situation. We continue to support following the recommendations of ASRM and will review the risks and benefits of moving forward with care with each of our patients. In order to continue operations in the safest way, we have chosen to continue to make the following operational changes:
All new patient and current patient consults are continuing to be done via telemedicine and there is no need to delay consults at this time. We are working hard to ensure that the COVID-19 pandemic does not delay your family building any longer than necessary. If you have any questions about how these changes impact your care, please schedule a consult with your physician.
- All our offices have resumed pre-pandemic business hours. For most, this means Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM local time.
- Masks/cloth face coverings are required for all appointments, even if you are fully vaccinated. Our patient coordinators will ask you if you are prepared to enter our office with a cloth face covering. If you do not have a face covering, we will ask you to come back; this means that your appointment may need to be rescheduled for later in the day or another day.
- Check in procedure. Please arrive to the clinic 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time and wait in your vehicle. If you did not drive to your appointment, please stay near the clinic and at least 6 feet away from other people. One of our patient coordinators will call or text you when it’s time for you to enter the clinic. This will help minimize the number of patients in our clinics at any given time and we thank you for your patience.
- Screening questions. We ask screening questions about risk factors for COVID-19 before entry into the clinic and at multiple points during treatment. If a patient develops one or more risk factors, we cannot allow him or her to enter the office until the applicable quarantine or isolation period is over and it can also affect the timeline of their services.
- Guests in the office. One adult companion per patient will be permitted in the office for any type of visit, as long as he or she wears a mask and can successfully answer the screening questions.
- Hand washing. Patients and companions should perform hand hygiene while in the office (at entry, between areas of the office, after using the restroom and before leaving).
- Social distancing. The number of people in the office at one time will be limited and patients should remain at least 6 feet away from each other. Physical barriers (i.e., curtains in the recovery bays) will be utilized to the extent possible. Services will be provided efficiently to reduce time in office. Vios staff will physically distance themselves from each other and patients to the extent possible. When possible, semen specimens should be collected at home and submitted by the male who produced it within 1 hour.
As always, if you are feeling sick or have been exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, please call the office and we’ll reschedule your appointment.
We are here for you. We will get through this together.