Vios has worked hard to continue caring for our patients in the safest way possible during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Please review the following for an update on our operations. If you have any questions, please reach out directly to your care team.
Vios remains open to continue care for our patients. We are now resuming diagnostic and treatment cycles. Your care team will review the the most recent ASRM recommendations with you and discuss your specific situation. We continue to support following the recommendations of ASRM and will review the risks and benefits of moving forward with care with each of our patients. In order to continue operations in the safest way, we have chosen to continue to consolidate several of our offices and make operational changes to ensure social distancing.
All new patient and current patient consults are continuing to be done via telemedicine and there is no need to delay consults at this time. We are working hard to ensure that the COVID-19 pandemic does not delay your family building any longer than absolutely necessary. If you have any questions about how these changes impact your care, please schedule a consult with your physician.
- We are excited to announce that all of our offices are now open Monday through Friday. We continue to employ our modified scheduling guidelines and restrictions to ensure that we can comply with our social distancing efforts. This may mean that we will ask you to go to a different office than your normal office if we have met capacity for the day at your normal office.
- Masks/cloth face coverings are required for all appointments. Our patient coordinators will ask you if you are prepared to enter our office with a cloth face covering. If you do not have a face covering, we will ask you to come back; this means that your appointment may need to be rescheduled for later in the day or another day. There are many resources online on how to make a cloth face covering, including here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
- Check in procedure. Please arrive to the clinic 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time and wait in your vehicle. If you did not drive to your appointment, please stay near the clinic and at least 6 feet away from other people. One of our patient coordinators will call you when it’s time for you to enter the clinic. This will help minimize the number of patients in our clinics at any given time and we thank you for your patience.
- Vitals at the door. We are checking temperatures on all of our patients before they enter the office. A member of our team will greet you before entering the office to check your temperature. If your temperature is not elevated then you may enter and have your scheduled services. If your temperature is elevated, you will not be allowed to enter the office. We will advise you to leave the office and the clinical team will call you with further instructions. (Please abstain from drinking or eating immediately prior to your appointment as that may falsely elevate your temperature.) We will also check your pulse oximetry and heart rate with a small device that clips to your finger.
- Guests in the office. Only Vios patients with an appointment will be allowed in our offices. No partners, children or guests will be allowed at this time.
As always, if you are feeling sick or have been exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, please call the office and we’ll reschedule your appointment.
Please read our full notice here: Patient and Visitor Notice- COVID-19 06.16.20
We are here for you. We will get through this together.