What your insurance company covers for your fertility testing and treatments will depend on your plan. The below questions are a good starting point when you begin to do your research on your fertility coverage. As apart of our new patient process, our insurance coordinator will verify your fertility coverage so we will be able to discuss specific diagnostic and treatment options knowing what would or would not be covered under your insurance.
- How do you define infertility?
- Do I need a referral for infertility treatment? Can I use the clinic of my choice?
- What do my benefits cover for infertility diagnosis and infertility treatment?
- Are infertility diagnosis procedures covered (ex: office visits, blood work, ultrasounds)?
- Are infertility treatments covered (ex: intrauterine insemination, in vitro fertilization, cryopreservation) Do I need prior authorization for certain treatments?
- Are fertility drugs covered or reimbursable? Are there any exclusions? Can I use the pharmacy of my choice?
- What is my annual or lifetime maximum benefit for infertility treatment?
- Is there an age limit for infertility treatment?
If you are still unsure or have questions regarding your insurance fertility coverage, contact us today for assistance.